We’re a small, friendly, club of about 35 members – men and women from the Fordingbridge / Alderholt / Downton area.
Rotarians not only collect money – we invest time too.
Each year we project-manage and erect the Christmas lights and provide people to close the roads for the switch on and for late night shopping.
Until our site became unavailable in 2008 we ran the main local firework display. Now we have decided to re-invent the Fordingbridge Show as the Fordingbridge Summer Festival to give Fordingbridge people the opportunity to meet Fordingbridge local groups and organisations on a happy day out.
Money we raise and our time will support thise and other things in our local community:
- The Avonway Community Centre
- The lunch clubs held there (including supporting their Christmas lunch and providing Father Christmas)
- Local older peoples day out at Exbury Gardens
- Local disabled children’ trip to Rotary Kids Out at Paulton’s Park
- Prizes for local schools and youth speaking competition
- School trips for disadvantaged children and ad hoc student grants
- The Rotary Citizen of the Year Award